Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Contact Info

Ok - I've got skype up and running so I thought I'd include all my contact info for easy reference!

My phone number is: +254(0)734 715 780 - if you're in Nairobi start with the zero, if you're in the states, leave the zero out.
Website: www.megangoestokenya.blogspot.com
Facebook: Click Here
Skype: meganmacdon / Kenya
Photos on smugmug: Click Here
Email: meganmacdon AT gmail DOT com

Address:
Megan MacDonald c/o Margaret White
PO Box 73405-00200
Nairobi, Kenya

Unfortunately, nothing of "value" should be sent by mail as it can be assessed a random tax amount based on the perceived value according to the customs agent that opens it (ya, it gets opened). My roommate once had to pay tax on a bar of soap. But a friend who studied here last year said small packages (the size of a VHS or smaller) don't tend to cause much upset - and things like burned CDs/DVDs, small food stuff/goodies etc. shouldn't be a problem. Or, anything that looks previously owned/used tends to get by. Fortunately for me - there's nothing more valuable than a hand-written note from home!

No comments: